Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Milkman



Taggart LOVES milk. It's the first thing he asks for when he wakes up and the last before he goes to bed (which we don't allow, it's only water after he brushes his teeth). It is all he drinks everyday. Is that bad? This morning he pulled the gallon of milk out of the fridge and brought it to me. Moments after I refused to give him milk and gave him water instead, I found the red cap to the milk on the floor. He was drinking it out of the gallon jug! Am I fighting a battle that's not worth fighting? I know that it's better than juice or soda and that he won't ALWAYS be this crazy about it but in the meantime, can it hurt him?

7 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

I wouldn't worry about it, he is growing so fast and I am sure that it is great for him. Maybe it is helping him be healthy and STRONG! :) Emma is also crazy about milk, she drank so much in the day that the pediatrician told us to switch her to 1% by the time she was 18 months old! (She apparently did not need all of that fat, just the deliciousness)...

Julie said...

One word: constipation.

Julie said...

One word: constipation.

Nordy's said...

Christina - I totally would not worry about it. All Jayden ever drank was chocolate milk! When I told the pediatrician about it, he said "Great," and left it at that. He was more concerned if she did not get enough (which is the battle that I am fighting now with Jasmyn, who has decided if it is not in a bottle she is not drinking it!).

Lindsey said...

I side with Melissa. I don't think you're going to hurt him...if he loves it, I vote let him have it. :) I wouldn't say the same thing about juice, and I'd try to make sure it didn't get in the way of him getting a good dinner, but... carpe diem. :)

heidi nielsen said...

No poopy, iron level, or solid food eating problems? I say let the kid drink milk! Considering who his dad is, I think the little guy has a lot more growing to do than most kids his age, and his little mouth can only chew so much food!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Austin, what's up man? This is your long lost companion Andrew Richardson just saying hi. From the looks of your blog it seems that you guys are doing great. I can't believe your still in school. You've got more staying power than me. I hope all is well.