Friday, October 8, 2010

How's school going?

Taggart is loving school. He goes right in each day and greats me with an excited, "Mommy!" when I arrive to pick him up. He loves it. His teachers are awesome. It feels like there isn't anywhere else they'd rather be than with those kids. What a treasure!


Lillian has had a harder time with it. Each day she would cry, "Tah-tock," (Taggart) and pointed to his empty car seat or at the school where we'd just left him. I told her we'd be back for him. Each day her mourning gradually became shorter until the 4th time when she didn't cry at all. It's been nice having some one-on-one time with her.

I regret coming home from vacation the night before he started school. C-R-A-Z-Y! We also missed church 3 weeks in a row- one for being sick and 2 from our vacation. I really felt like I had some catching up to do as far as my calling went in addition to getting the hang of school. Don't let me do that again.

Taggart was 30 minutes late for his first day of school. I thought school started at 9:30 instead of 9. I wondered why there were no other parents parked outside but took advantage of it in order to take pictures of Taggart outside of his school. I had to ring the doorbell for his teacher to come let us in. When I picked him up, I clarified with the teacher what time school started. Oops. He hasn't been late since.

As a result of that misunderstanding, I was unable to be with Austin while he had his routine throat scope done. I wanted to hear what the doctor had seen and get a feel for what we should expect in the future. Instead, Austin had to wait about an hour for me to come get him. The anesthesia had worn off by then- I think.

I picked him up on the curb and took him with Lillian and me to the store. He went off to look at the TVs. I made him give me his wallet. When he came back he was telling me about a really cool 47 inch one that he liked. A store employee tracked us down in line at the register to tell him something else about the TV he was looking at. Busted. He was still talking about the TV the next day so maybe it wasn't an anesthesia inspired infatuation after all. I think a new TV might be in our future.

3 comments:

Susan Staus said...

Aww! What a cute picture of Taggart outside his school!!! I'm so glad that he loves preschool and has great teachers!
Good luck with the TV thing. Maybe you can find one on Black Friday. That's when my brother in-law got his, he couldn't pass up the sale.

Lindsey said...

That's a super cute pic of Tagg. And isn't the time with younger babies nice? They just sort of never get it until the older one is at school... Good luck with the new TV. I still think ours is ridiculous, but secretly inside I love watching movies on it. :)

Love you guys!

Lindsey said...

And I like your blog background. :)