Thursday, July 10, 2008

SIKE!

On June 30th we had an appointment with the OBGYN that we were really looking forward to. We had called ahead to see if we could get an ultrasound so that Austin's mom and sister, who were visiting from Oregon, could be there if we found out the gender. They said that if we came in early for our appointment that they'd be happy to do one. At first I kept telling myself not to get too excited about finding out the gender because the baby might not cooperate or it might still be just a little to early to be POSITIVE. However, as the day got closer the excitement moved from being happy that we'd get a bonus ultrasound while Aunt Kelsie and Grandma were in town to WE GET TO FIND OUT WHAT WE'RE HAVING! I think we even had a hard time falling asleep the night before. Well, as it turns out, it ended up just being a bonus ultrasound. They didn't have the better machine available and only the nurses who occasionally do ultrasounds were there to look for "anatomy." Even though Thammy cooperated and gave us the shot that we'd been asking for, they weren't confident enough to call it. What a bummer.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Too bad, that's one of the most exciting parts of the pregnancy. Good luck at your next appointment.

Ashlee Marie said...

After over 20 ultrasounds with my 4 babies I can tell before the tech can... I called both Paul and Scarlett before they had a chance to tell me. You'll get there. I'm sure you'll find out next time!

Shad & Amy said...

aaarrrrghh. so frustrating. well, we can't wait to hear later!