We were home for 11 days in the month of June. Our first trip was to the Lost Pines Resort just outside of Austin, TX. Austin had to go to Austin for a meeting but families were allowed/invited to join them. A mile and a half long hilly and super twisty driveway led us to the lodge-like main building. This resort was VERY family friendly. They laid blankets all over the lawn for people to sit on to watch an outdoor family movie and nearby they had a bonfire where staff members would help guests load up freshly cleaned roasting sticks with marshmallows then they'd wait with graham crackers and chocolate for the finishing touches. Every night of the week it was something different. We enjoyed the pools that included a LONG lazy river, sand beaches, and the streams of water that'd shoot out of the ground.
Taggart and Whitney

Taggart playing in a galaxy far, far away

Lillian made sure that Austin didn't get in the pool with his broken toe.
Taggart has been pretty in love with riding horses so we were excited to finally be able to answer "Yes" to his more than daily requests to ride.

He was so ready for his dreams to come true that he didn't wait for us!

He got to pick his pony, named "Buddy."

It was obvious in Taggart's quiet stillness that he LOVED it and was taking it all in.

After his ride he was allowed to greet the other horses. He just loves them and has not even a healthy amount of fear around them.

I thought this sink in the horse building was so neat.

Apparently, Austin said something funny while we waited to be taken back to the main building (either that or he had some really nice deodorant).
We ventured into Austin and the surrounding cities a few times to eat, take Taggart to see Up!, shop at Whole Foods (I'd never been to one before), and to take the kids to the Children's Museum. At night we'd put the kids to bed then sit outside our room and play games before we'd go to bed ourselves. It was a lot of fun. I'd love to have more vacations like this!
2 comments:
I snuck in through Lindsey's blog. Cute blog Cristina! That picture of Silly Lilly on Austin's lap made me laugh out loud. My deodorant doesn't work that well--where can I get some? Sounds like a dreamy resort. Apparently we missed half the fun! Where the heck were the s'mores and movies? Maybe I should have read the welcome guide...darn it.
That picture of Tagg kissing the little horse achieves Super Cute status. I love it! You guys have been crazy travelers this summer...you're way more of a woman about it than I would be. I've got about a 10-day limit, then I need a few months to recuperate. :)
Post a Comment