Here are some highlights:
We did a lot of playing!
Took a few more trips to the beach (Lillian's first time)
Taggart taught Kelsie a few things about riding horses (hah!).
Spent the 4th of July playing in Long Beach and Ilwaco.
Grandpa and Taggart drove the tractor.
Taggart wandered off into the woods alone a couple times. Gave us heart attacks.
The Hanis family came to visit us. Shad and Austin were companions in Brazil years ago, roommates in college, then played on the same intramural basketball team where Amy and I cheered on the sidelines together. The only picture we got of them is one of the back of their son, Zack. What were we thinking not getting a group shot!
Although we've made countless trips to Oregon, I've never been to Seattle. Austin's parents and sister watched the kids while we headed a few hours up the road to Seattle for the night. On Friday night we walked around then we had dinner at the revolving restaurant at the top of the Space Needle.
Austin made our reservations for sunset so the view was simply spectacular.
I thought the restaurant probably stayed in business because of the experience but I was proven wrong. It was one of my top 5 favorite meals of my life! And I loved the presentation- Austin makes fun of me for that.
Here's what I got. Yummers!
We were there the day after Michael Jackson's death and saw many people leaving messages and flowers at The Experience Music Project (which is near the Space Needle).
Here's my favorite:
On Saturday we walked around and saw some of the crazy things one sees in Seattle. We went to Pikes Market (of course!) and then had lunch (sushi) at a restaurant overlooking the water.
When our plane landed back at home, Taggart wanted to hold Lillian so badly but I probably shouldn't have let them do this but how could I say no?
1 comment:
I am just wondering how I got left out of this trip? LOL... Next time you are up this way, please call! I will drive to meet you!
Post a Comment