Friday, August 29, 2008

My turn

I got "tagged" for the first time since I’ve been in Blogland by Katie S. I have other updates to add but those'll have to wait. This "tagging" stuff is important business! :)

Ten years ago: I was so excited to be 16- dating and driving. Shayna, Heather, Brianna, and Lance were some of my best friends- boy, I miss them! I went on vacation with Shayna’s family that summer and had a blast. I’d experienced the loss of a childhood friend. I’d gone to my first prom. I’d just had my first kiss. In my CD player you could find Jewel, the Beatles, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Beastie Boys, and a mixed CD with Ben Folds Five and Third Eye Blind. Around this time of year, I went to my first concert- Dave Matthews Band at what was then Deer Creek Music Center.

Things I'd do if I was a Billionaire: I’d save and invest a lot but I would definitely set aside money to take some cool trips. I’d go the Holy Land (and no, I don’t mean Rodeo Drive), get a more thorough taste of all 50 states (especially the Northern Lights in Alaska- DYING to see them!), go to the places my ancestors are from like the Isle of Wight, and I’d make sure that Austin got to go on his dream trip to the hearts of Ireland and Scotland. I’d probably build a simple house with a great yard with all the little adjustments for Austin’s height (higher showerheads, countertops, doorways, toilets, etc.). Which makes me think of another thing I’d do. I’d have shoes and clothes custom made for him so that he wouldn’t have to wear the ugly stuff they make in his size. OH! I would also buy a plane and get my pilot's license.

Three Bad Habits: (in no particular order) 1. I stay up too late. I LOVE starting my day early but it’s hard to do when I stay up late. 2. I’m a guilty spender. ANYTIME I spend money, I feel guilty about it even if it’s basic groceries or the best deal on the planet (like the $1 pants I bought our baby girl last week). 3. I think as a result of bad habit #2, I always leave tags on things- even silly things that I know I can’t or don’t want to return like our doormat we’ve had for almost 2 years.

Five places I've lived: Franklin, Indiana; Orem, Utah; Auburn, Alabama (the mailing address was actually Auburn University, AL); Provo, UT; Lubbock, TX

Five jobs I've had: Spanish Translator; Paralegal secretary; Waitress; Retail store manager; Nurse’s Aide.

To follow tradition, I have to tagg 5 people: Heather M, Alli P, Becca L, Amy H, and Chelsea J.

2 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Cristina! So great that you found our blog ... and shared yours! What a cute little guy ... and another baby girl on the way. I'm so glad we'll be able to keep in touch! And I have to add that at first glance of your blog pictures ... you look so much like your mom! Have a GREAT Fall!!

Lindsey said...

Wow...that was one of the most interesting "tags" I've read...nice job! I love what you'd do with your money, and I have to say...tonight, live BIG, and take the tag off your doormat! :)