Friday, September 19, 2008

Our 5th Anniversary





We had our fifth anniversary a few weeks ago. However, I can't say we exactly "celebrated" it. Then again, when have we? It's not that we haven't enjoyed being married, it's just that each year something else (something big) is scheduled on that day. Take our first anniversary for example. We'd just moved to Auburn and the students were all checked into our dorm and the new school year was just beginning. The big opening social that all housing staff was required to attend was, you guessed it, on our anniversary. Each year has been pretty similar. This year, Austin picked up the biggest test of his educational career, put Taggart and I on a plane, and settled down to write a 25 page paper (in addition to his 40 hours of work). We didn't see him for over two weeks after that. It's so romantic, it brings a tear to my eye! What else are we to do but laugh?! I have a feeling we're going to have to get more creative if we want to celebrate the best day of our lives.

2 comments:

Ashlee Marie said...

I totally understand. For 4 out of our 8 anniversaries Bill hasn't even been in the same state/country as me! And 2 of the other 4 we were at family vacations with a ton of other people. One we celebrated by getting a sitter (my mom, with 3 month old BrookLyn) and went someplace overnight and this last one (aug 12) I woke up sick with what turned out to be a 5 week long sinus infection. I'm just figuring that out the 70+ years we plan on celebrating on earth that our odds are bound to get better!

Happy Anniversary!

Dave & Chels said...

I, too, can relate. You can't really be picky when your husband is super busy with school and what not. It sounds like you are more at peace with it than I am - I still complain about it more than I should. I guess it's really out of my (or our) hands!