Sunday, February 8, 2009

25 Things About Me

I got tagged to do this on Facebook so I thought I'd share it on our blog too. I'd love to see your list but don't want anyone to feel obligated so i'm tagging everyone and no one.

1. I am actually pretty shy. I can’t get myself to be the first to extend an invitation to hang out with people I’d really like to be better friends with (or to reciprocate their invitations). Unfortunately, I think it makes it appear that I like people less than I really do.
2. I’d love to own a “pick-your-own” orchard, pumpkin patch, or Christmas tree farm as a hobby. Too bad I’ve never kept a plant alive in my life- not even a cactus!
3. It wasn’t until I married an ice cream lover that I started enjoying ice cream. I still prefer sherbet or sorbet.
4. I’m most surprised by how much I love being a mom. It’s my favorite thing I’ve ever done. I love being home with them. There isn’t anyplace else I’d like to be.
5. Before I die I am going to see the aurora borealis (northern lights).
6. I’m very indecisive . . . I think. ☺
7. I’m crazy about avocados, mangos, strawberries, crab, and sparkling red grape juice.
8. I really, REALLY don’t like losing, breaking, or dropping things. It’s so careless!
9. The one place I wish I could visit more often is Martha’s Vineyard.
10. I know how to do a lot of things but none of them really well. I’m pretty mediocre. I’m starting to embrace it: It increases the probability of having a common interest with other people, and it means that I can teach and learn from others, right?
11. I collect sea glass.
12. When I was in middle school my idols were my Aunt Lillian and Tim Hardaway. My Aunt Lillian still is . . . Tim fell off the list somewhere before high school.
13. I love swimming and boating but am terrified of drowning.
14. I’m in heaven when I’m cuddling with my kids and husband.
15. I love organizing things. Sometimes I have to reign in the temptation.
16. No matter how tired I am, I like to read before I go to bed.
17. I love learning but my grades in school never showed it.
18. I am very frugal.
19. I love my in-laws including my husband’s extended family. I talk to some of his family more than he does.
20. I often wonder what it’d be like to have a sister. I want my daughter to have one.
21. I love heavy rainstorms (including thunder and lightning).
22. I never thought that I’d marry someone like Austin. I can’t imagine being this happy with anyone else. His is such a GOOD man.
23. I am crazy about dogs but after living without one for so long, I’m not sure I want to own one.
24. Someday I want to live in a green hilly place that doesn’t have extremes in temperature or humidity that is within 30 minutes of a big city.
25. My favorite flowers are hydrangeas, lilly of the valley, water lilies, and ranunculus.

1 comment:

Muggs said...

Christina- Wow, after reading your "25 Things About Me," I can see that you and my wife would be really good friends...not that you wouldn't be anyways, it's just that she's totally the same as you on #1 so you'd never hang out. :) It was fun to see all the pictures of your cute kids. Can't wait to meet them!