Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We've moved again

We got the keys to our new place a few weeks ago and I'd take a pretty full van load almost every day. However, with Lillian getting sick again (another late night ER visit) my big plans for having most of the stuff moved into the rental house the week of the 9th got delayed. Mamacita showed up on the 15th and in just a short amount of time we got all the little stuff moved and a lot situated. On Saturday, some of the guys Austin rounded up (Dave, Rob, Shawn, Uncle Dave, Adam, and Jim) came to the apartment to help move. I dropped Taggart off at Lindsey's, bought donuts at a local bakery and went to the grocery store for milk and insulated cups. By the time I made it back to the house, the guys had nearly everything unloaded! I made hot cocoa, and got back in the car to go pick up Taggart. It was so fast! It's amazing how quick it can be with good help. I'm so grateful that my mom was willing and able to come help and that we have such great friends and family nearby that watched Taggart and provided meals. It taught me to let people help instead of trying to do everything by myself. I think Taggart was a lot happier, my body a lot less achy (granted I was about 7 months pregnant last time), and we got to use the rest of our moving day to calmly settle in- oh yeah, and DANCE. Check out this video. Listen closely for the "Yee-haw" from Taggart and notice that most of our moving boxes were diaper boxes- ahh, parenthood.




Now, where is that book I was chipping away on at bedtime?? (see #16 on the previous posting) It's gotta be around here somewhere!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow, have I been out of it. I can't believe we're not neighbors anymore! Where is your new house?
Lorraine

James Yvonne and Elise said...

I am so glad you are all settled in. I hope Lillian is feeling better. Cute video of Taggart.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

How exciting! Hope things go well with the unpacking! How nice for your mom to come to help out!

Lindsey said...

He is so cute! Yeehaw! And also I really liked your list of 25 things about you. I didn't know there was even a part of you that might consider not owning a dog. I'm glad you're so happy with my bro-funk. I'm still jealous that you collect sea glass. What are you reading?

Mike said...

I don't know who is more fun to watch, Taggart or Austin.