Monday, November 17, 2008

Taggart is Two!!!


For Taggart's second birthday we had a very small party- mostly family. We're so lucky that Austin's sister and cousin live nearby because their children are very close to Tagg's age and are built in friends.
The party was airplane themed. His invitations were paper airplanes that had a streamer trailing behind with the details of the party. For the party decorations we tied strings onto little airplanes and attached them to the ceiling fan and ran it on low so they flew around the living room. I made airplane wings out of silver spray painted cardboard for the kids to strap on to their arms and run down our cloud (balloon) filled runway (hallway). We had cheesy plane/airport themed signs including but not limited to a "lavatory" sign on the bathroom door, "beverage cart" on a tray of cups, "ticketing and check-in" by the coat and shoe rack, and "baggage claim" over the table where we had the party favors (which were put in white paper "barf bags") for the guests. We didn't have the energy or skill to make a fancy cake but of course it did go along with the theme.


You MUST try Taggart's recipe for an inexpensive homemade facial: you take one handful of cake and another of ice cream, mash them together until they create a grainy mush, then spread it all over your face. Taggart has done it for the past two years and look at his complexion! He even spreads it on his hands too keep them soft and chubby and to make sure those knuckle dimples stay in place. I guess he thought it'd have the same age-defying affect on his clothes, the carpet, walls, and booster seat but it didn't- no youthful glow there. We also recommend NOT applying the cake and ice cream mask to the face of unsuspecting guests as irritation WILL occur.




We have been really bad about taking pictures of the growing belly during this pregnancy but here are a few from after the party. We were a few days shy of 37 weeks.

7 comments:

Ashlee Marie said...

Looks precious, and you look great too! I bed he had a great time!

Peterson's said...

The party was way cute and so much fun. Callie loved the planes! And don't be modest, your cake was so cute and creative! I loved it!
Can't wait to play again!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

What an adorable party idea! You look GREAT! Hope you're feeling good too as the next few weeks will go by fast! Good luck - and can't wait to see the little one!

Katie said...

How precious! We love all 3 (and 1/2) of you and hope to see you relatively soon... we love keeping tags on you through the blog... LOVE YOU!!!!

dmorganfam said...

You look so tiny!! i can't believe you are 37 weeks!! You look maybe 5 months along. Your party sounds fantastic. What a cute idea. I love all your little sign ideas ans especially the barf bags! The cake looks great. No need to be too elaborate it just gets destroyed in about two seconds!! I miss you!!! Happy Birthday Taggart.:)

Becca said...

Happy birthday Taggart! Time passes so quickly. I am so impressed with your cake, very creative. You look beautiful at 37 weeks, far better than I ever did. We are excited to hear of your new one soon.

Becca said...

Happy birthday Taggart! Time passes so quickly. I am so impressed with your cake, very creative. You look beautiful at 37 weeks, far better than I ever did. We are excited to hear of your new one soon.